Easter Cupcake Ideas
I love these Easter cupcake ideas because they're quick and easy to make - even with kids helping out! They work everytime and are totally yummy too. The second of the two ideas doesn't even need any baking - so it's the perfect project for your little helpers!
Favourite Easter Cupcake Ideas
Quick, easy and yummy Easter cupcakes
My favourite thing about these winning little Easter nest cupcakes is that you can whizz up a batch (or two) of them - from start to finish - in less than an hour. And the cake recipe is the easiest ever!
For the cupcakes
- 2 standard size eggs, beaten
- 4 oz / 100g self-raising flour
- 4 oz / 100g butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz / 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the icing and decoration
- 4 oz / 100g softened butter
- 8oz / 200g icing sugar
- sugar coated chocolate eggs
Makes 12 deliciously yummy cupcakes!
- Set the oven to 170 degrees C
- Combine the beaten eggs, sugar, flour and butter in a large mixing bowl and mix well - I use a wooden spoon for this step
- Spoon mixture into cupcake cases, to make 12 cupcakes
- Bake for 14 minutes on the middle shelf of the oven
- Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes before icing
- Add the icing sugar to the butter, a little at a time
- Divide the icing across the 12 cucakes and cover each cupcake fully. Leave the finish roughed up (to resemble an untidy nest)
- Position 3 eggs on each cupcake
- Serve and enjoy!
If you're feeling up to it, you can pipe the icing onto the cupcakes, but it looks just as nice 'roughed up' a bit like a nest!
Easiest Ever 'No Bake' Easter Cupcake Ideas
Easter nests are a firm favourite of my family! They use store cupboard items and can help you go from zero to hero in less than 30 minutes!
For the cupcakes
12 oz cornflakes or rice crispies
- 12 oz /300g cooking chocolate (I use milk, as kids prefer this)
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 oz /50g butter
For the decoration
- sugar-coated chocolate mini eggs
I tried this recipe with white chocolate too - highly recommended and it got a big thumbs up from my niece!
I've also tried swirling milk and white chocolate together which makes the nests look even prettier..
- Break the chocolate into squares and place in a
heatproof bowl with the syrup and butter
- Melt over a pan of simmering
water until the mixture becomes smooth and glossy
- Pour over the cornflakes/rice crisies and mix well
so they are coated in the chocolate mixture
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking
- Shape spoonfuls of the mixture into balls.
- Place on the tray
and make a dip in the middle of each using your thumb.
- Chill until firm.
- Place into a cake case and add mini eggs into the centre of each.
I hope you enjoyed these Easter cupcake ideas. You might also like...
- Kids Easter Baskets
- Easter Egg Crafts
- Easter Cookie Recipe
- Easter Gifts for Teacher
- How to decorate Easter eggs
Return from Easter Cupcake Ideas to Kids Easter Crafts
Back to Easy Homemade Gift Ideas Homepage